THE RULES AND REGULATIONS
OF THE HAUGESUND INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF ARTISTIC RELIEF PRINTING 2019 (HIT-FESTIVAL 2019)
The Haugesund International Festival of Artistic Relief Printing in Norway, hereinafter referred to as HIT 2019, is an event devoted to relief printmaking held by Haugalandmuseet dep. Haugesund Museum of Fine Art, hereinafter referred to as the Organizer. These Rules and Regulations lay down the principles of the selection for and participation in HIT 2019 Competition.
1. HIT 2019 Competition, hereinafter referred to as the Competition, is an open and international contest.
2. In the Competition take part Artists, hereinafter referred to as Participants.
3. The Competition is intended to select Participants in HIT 2019 Exhibition, select the Winners of HIT 2019 from among the Participants and whose works are qualified for HIT 2019 Exhibition....
1. The Competition will be held in two stages....
1. The condition of the participation in the Competition is to deliver to the Organiser’s Office all materials listed in Clause IV item 3 and Clause V item 1, in terms defined in the Rules and Regulations....
IV. PROCEDURE FOR SUBMITTING WORKS
1. In the case of works on paper and installations composed of paper prints, the qualification will be based on submitted digital files that should be sent by e-mail to the Organizer by 31.12.2018.
1. The procedure for submitted works for the Competition is as follows:
Sending original works submitted for the Competition by the Participant by mail or courier service, at their own cost and expense, or delivering them in person to the HIT-festival Office in Haugesund....
1. Due to applicable postal regulations, the longer side of the parcel that may be sent back following the end of the Competition at the Organiser’s cost and expense may not exceed 120 cm and the weight of the parcel may not exceed 3 kg. The parcel will be sent back in accordance with the schedule provided in these Rules and Regulations....
HIT 2019 “SEGLEM-PRISEN”
NOK 100 000,-
and an individual exhibition at the Haugesund Billedgalleri in 2021....
1. Works meeting the conditions for their return laid down in Clause VI item 1 of the Rules and Regulations qualified for HIT festival 2019 Exhibition will be returned to Participants at the Organiser’s cost and expense until 30.09.2019....
1. Applying to the Competition and submitting works in the form of digital documentation (photo-, video- and audiofiles) If applying with multimedia installations and other multimedia works, submit a precise description and visualization of the proposed installation and/or recorded visual material. 31.12.2018
2. Submitting additional context materials 31.12.2018
3. Announcing the results of the Competition 01.02.2019
4. Sending original works to the Organizer’s office including multimedia installations and other multimedia works, qualified installations and any other types of works requiring the use of large-size elements which are not printed on paper. No later than 20.02.2019
5. The opening ceremony and Awards Gala of the HIT 2019 Exhibition 10.05.2019
6. The HIT 2019 Exhibition 10.05 – 04.08.2019
7. Returning works of Participants submitted for the HIT 2019 Exhibition until 30.09.2019
8. Personal collection of works by Participants qualified for the HIT 2019 Exhibition Until 31.08.2019
Download the Rules and Regulations of the Haugesund International Festival of Artistic Relief Printing 2019 (HIT-festival 2019) (pdf)